We help local families and individuals in crisis with food, toiletries and other essential items. We also provide advocacy, guidance, and support to address underlying issues.
Our aim is simple. To improve the quality of life of individuals and families experiencing extreme disadvantage in our local community by providing practical support.
**Updated statement on how we'll be operating during November lockdown**
The Welcome Centre continues to operate, providing food and other essentials to those in need in the wider Huddersfield area. However, because of Coronavirus we're operating a little differently at present:
- Lord Street (our main centre) remains closed to the public, only staff and volunteers will be allowed on site. This is to protect the safety of our staff and volunteers, donors, and clients.
- We are operating a delivery system - food packs are delivered to clients' homes, rather than clients collecting from Lord Street.
- If you are in the supermarkets where we have a drop off point, then please donate your items there rather than visiting our warehouse in Lockwood.
- Our warehouse in Lockwood will remain open Monday to Friday from 10.15 am to 1.15 pm. If you are donating at the warehouse, we need you to wear a mask (unless exempt) and follow all social distancing rules. Please do not visit if you or a member of your household is unwell.
- The best way YOU can help us is by donating money or food from our shortages list.
We hope you can understand that we have put these measures in place to protect our clients, volunteers, staff and donors.
From the whole team at The Welcome Centre, we're incredibly grateful for all of your support so far this year, thank you.