How to get help.
We understand that lots of people are struggling to access food during the Coronavirus pandemic due to self-isolation. If you are in this situation, please visit Kirklees support for advice on the support available to you.
If you are in a financial crisis, and cannot afford to buy food and toiletries, The Welcome Centre can help you.
Step 1 - Get a referral
To get help from The Welcome Centre, you need a referral from a support worker or support professional. There are a few simple ways to do this.
- If you already receive support from a service or professional, you can ask them to make a referral for you. This could be your GP, social worker, community psychiatric nurse or an agency such as housing services, Lifeline or Connexions
- You can telephone Kirklees Local Welfare Provision Team (LWP) on 01484 414782. If you don't have a phone to call LWP, there's a free phone at the Customer Services reception, Civic Centre III, High Street, Huddersfield
- You can telephone Kirklees Citizens Advice & Law Centre between 9:30 am and 4 pm Monday to Friday on 03448487970 and they can refer you
- You can telephone Huddersfield Mission between 09:30 am and 12:30 pm Monday to Friday on 01484 421461 and they can refer you
- You can contact DASH (Supporting refugees and asylum seekers) on 07702 382647 or 07926 457599 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and they can refer you
Step 2 - We'll need some information
- To receive a support pack we'll need to ask your referrer some questions about why you need our support
- We know this can be a difficult time but we are here to help. Providing us with the information we need makes the process quicker
- We'll ask about your dietary needs, how many people are in your family and what cooking facilities you have. We can make your packs right for your needs
- If you have allergies or don't like something please let us know
Step 3 - Collecting your pack
Food packs should be collected in person from our Lord Street office in Huddersfield on the day you are referred.
- You can collect your food pack from our 15 Lord Street, Huddersfield 1 hour after your referral has been made. Packs will be available Monday to Friday between 10 am and 4 pm
- In a small number of circumstances, you may be eligible for home delivery. If you are eligible your pack will be delivered to your home or delivery address the next working day. Referrals taken on a Friday will be delivered on a Monday. Please speak to your referral agency about this
- All packs must come via a referral. We do not take walk-in requests at our centre. If you need a referral please see here for more information
Step 4 - Need some additional support?
- If you would like to speak to someone about further support, then please contact our Advice team on 01484 515086 or email [email protected]
- Our Advice, Guidance and Support team can help you to access the support you need by signposting you to specialist services or by making a referral to services that work with you to tackle the issues affecting your finance