We are looking for a new Trustee to join our Board
Our Board is made up of volunteers from a variety of backgrounds. Together we set out the overall strategy, monitor progress against our targets and objectives and ensure that The Welcome Centre operates on a financially sound basis.
Trustees attend four meetings per year (usually held on Monday evenings), as well as an annual strategy day and our AGM. Most of us also take responsibility for particular areas of governance. In addition, we encourage trustees to volunteer operationally if they can, in order to maintain a good understanding of what we do.
We would like to recruit a trustee who will be able to lend insight to support the development of our Advice, Guidance and Support (AGS) service. We welcome applications from anyone who has empathy with The Welcome Centre’s vision, and experience and expertise in support services including benefits, addiction, mental health, or domestic abuse.
You do not have to know everything. We will provide training, induction and support as well as a lively and stimulating environment and the opportunity to make a difference. Above all, we are looking for enthusiastic and committed individuals.
Our aims as an organisation are that we should be truly representative of all sections of society, that each member should feel respected and able to give of their best and that there should be equality and fairness for all who join us.
- If you would like to apply to become a trustee, please complete the application form below and send it to us along with a brief C.V . You also have the option to complete the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion form below
- If you would like more information about us, please email and let us know if you wish to speak to a trustee before applying.
- The address for all correspondence is [email protected].
- There is no deadline for applying for this vacancy; applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- We will review all applications and invite selected candidates to attend an informal interview with the Chair and Vice Chair of Trustees.
We look forward to hearing from you.