We are currently recruiting three new Trustees to join our Board
Our Board is made up of volunteers from a variety of backgrounds. Together we set out the overall strategy, monitor progress against our targets and objectives and ensure that The Welcome Centre operates on a financially sound basis.
Trustees attend four meetings per year (usually held on Monday evenings), as well as an annual strategy day and our AGM. Most of us also take responsibility for particular areas of governance. In addition, we encourage trustees to volunteer operationally if they can, in order to maintain a good understanding of what we do.
Due to several longstanding trustees retiring from the Board this autumn, we have three vacancies and would welcome applications from individuals who would like to be a part of our team of trustees. The key criterion is to have empathy with our aims and objectives. However, we would be particularly interested in candidates who have experience and expertise in any of the following areas:
- Warehouse management, logistics, or procurement
- Legislative and regulatory requirements
- Support services including benefits, addiction, mental health, or domestic abuse
You do not have to know everything. We will provide training, induction and support as well as a lively and stimulating environment and the opportunity to make a difference. Above all, we are looking for enthusiastic and committed individuals.
Our aims as an organisation are that we should be truly representative of all sections of society, that each member should feel respected and able to give of their best and that there should be equality and fairness for all who join us. We would like to develop a balance in terms of age and ethnicity within the board. We would particularly welcome applications from younger people and candidates from an ethnic minority background.
- If you would like to apply to become a trustee, please complete the application form below and send it to us along with a brief C.V . You also have the option to complete the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion form
- If you would like more information about us, please email and let us know if you wish to speak to a trustee before applying.
- The address for all correspondence is [email protected].
- The deadline for submitting your application is 5 pm on Monday 12 September 2022.
- We will look at all applications and invite selected candidates to attend a brief, informal interview.
We look forward to hearing from you.