Need our help? | The Welcome Centre

How to get help.

We understand that lots of people are struggling to access food during the Coronavirus pandemic due to self-isolation. If you are in this situation, please visit Kirklees support for advice on the support available to you.

If you are in financial crisis, and cannot afford to buy food and toiletries, The Welcome Centre can help you.

Step 1 -  Get a referral

To get help from The Welcome Centre, you need a referral from a support worker or support professional. There are a few simple ways to do this. 

  • If you already receive support from a service or professional, you can ask them to make a referral for you. This could be your GP, social worker, community psychiatric nurse or an agency such as housing services, Lifeline or Connexions.    
  • You can telephone Kirklees Local Welfare Provision Team (LWP) on 01484 414782.  If you don't have a phone to call LWP, there's a free phone at the Customer Services reception, Civic Centre III, High Street, Huddersfield.
  • You can telephone Kirklees Citizens Advice & Law Centre between 9:30am and 3pm Monday to Friday on 03448487970 and they can refer you.
  • You can telephone Huddersfield Mission between 10:00am and 1:30pm Monday to Friday on  01484 421461 and they can refer you. 

Step 2 - We'll need some information 

  • To receive a support pack we'll need to ask your referrer some questions about why you need our support. 
  • We know this can be a difficult time but we are here to help. Providing us with the information we need makes the process quicker. 
  • We'll ask about your dietary needs, how many people are in your family and what cooking facilities you have. We can make your packs right for your needs.
  • If you have allergies or don't like something please let us know.        

 Step 3 -Packs will be delivered

  • Your pack will be delivered to your home between 10 am and 5 pm the day after you receive your referral.
  • Alternatively, your referrer may be able to collect your pack from the Centre and deliver it to you on the same day you receive your referral; please speak to your referrer if you would like to arrange this. 

 Step 4 - Need some additional support?

  • If you would like to speak to someone about further support, then please contact Cath on 01484 515086 or 07947 589146. Alternatively email [email protected] 
  • Cath can help you to access the support you need by signpost you to specialist services or by making referral to services that work with you to tackle the issues affecting your finance.

    Frequently asked questions 
  • I'm a front line worker - how do I make a referral? 
    • Simply call our referral line 01484 340034 between Monday to Friday, 10am - 4pm.
    • Make sure you have a good understanding why someone needs a referral before you call.
    • If you want to become a referrer please get in touch on the number above.
  • Do you only help homeless people?
    • No. We provide support to anyone in need. Every referral is based on an individual's circumstances.
  • How long does a food pack last for?
    • A food pack is made to last for seven days. It contains a variety of foods based on an individual's needs and circumstances.
The Welcome Centre (Huddersfield) is registered in England and Wales under charity number 1151282 and company number 8428517. We are based at 15 Lord Street, Huddersfield HD1 1QB. We use cookies to improve your experience using this website.
Log in | Powered by White Fuse