Local support agencies | The Welcome Centre

The Welcome Centre works with many local  agencies that can offer support on homelessness, mental health, immigration and much more.  

Contact these agencies directly for support. 

KCALC logo

Kirklees Citizens Advice & Law Centre (KCALC)

KCALC offer support with benefits issues, debt, immigration, settlement schemes, community care, discrimination issues, housing, Pension Wise & NHS Complaints advocacy. They offer a Universal Credit Help to Claim line - 0800 144 8444. Call their telephone advice line - 0808 278 7896 or they are open Thursday and Friday 09.30 am to 3.30 pm.

Huddersfield Mission logo

Huddersfield Mission

The Mission offers a wide range of support on benefits, housing and emergency help as well as drop-in sessions and their Mission Café.

Platform 1 logo

Platform 1

Platform 1 offers a crisis intervention service with a range of different therapies and free counselling sessions. Clients can self refer to their base at Huddersfield Train Station or call their helpline 01484 421143 / 0800 066 28 28

Kirklees Council Housing Solutions

Housing Solutions

Housing Solutions (HOSS) offer housing assessments for people who are homeless or threatened with homelessness. They offer general housing advice and information for private and council tenants and homeless people. Drop-in service is at The Civic Centre Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri 9am to 5pm and Thurs 10am to 5pm.  Out of hours emergencies phone 01484 414933

Fusion Housing logo

Fusion Housing

Fusion offers housing tenancy support . They aim to ensure that individuals and families have access to suitable, affordable accommodation along with the skills needed to successfully manage and keep that accommodation. You can self-refer to Fusion Housing based in Pearl House, Huddersfield) or can call them on 01484 425522. 

They can assist with housing crisis’s such as the threat of eviction and understanding your rights, assisting clients prepare court paperwork and sometimes represent them in court.

Chart Kirklees


CHART provides a range of treatment, recovery and support services. If you have concerns about your own drug or alcohol use, or someone else's, they can support you. They provide help for individuals, families and communities throughout Kirklees who have been affected by substance misuse. You can self refer calling 01484 353333 or email them on [email protected]

Bridge-It Housing

Bridge It Housing

Bridge-It Housing provides direct access to supported accommodation, however, you must be referred through Kirklees Council. Their properties range from three to nine bedroom shared homes for single males and females aged between 18 – 65 years. 

Well Bean Café

Well Bean Café

The Well-Bean Crisis Café provides a safe space for Kirklees residents who are experiencing crisis and aims to prevent avoidable attendances at A&E. The café offers a warm person-centred approach to crisis support and is available every night from 6pm-midnight. Anyone wishing to attend the café can refer themselves or ask a professional health or social care worker to refer them. Referrals are taken over the phone every night from 6pm-midnight on 07741 900395 Friday-Monday and 07867 028755 Tuesday-Thursday. 

Simon on the Streets

Simon on the Streets

Simon on the Streets are an outreach service based on the streets. They support individuals who are homeless and may not be engaging with other services. 

For emergency homelessness situations outside of office hours, please call 01484 414933.

Gam Care Gambling Support Starts here

Gam Care

Are gambling problems affecting you, or those close to you? GamCare is the leading UK provider of free information, advice and support for anyone harmed by gambling. Call free for telephone support with gambling addiction - 0808 8020 133 or visit their website.

Support 2 Recovery S2R

Support 2 Recovery S2R

S2R Support to Recovery is an independent mental health and wellbeing charity, working across Kirklees, offering a range of wellbeing, creative and outdoor workshops. Clients can call 07933 358 800 or visit their office on Brook Street, Huddersfield, HD1 1EB.


Alcohol Support Kirklees (or ASK)

ASK is a confidential Rational Recovery service which provides non-religious effective help to all those suffering directly or indirectly through alcohol abuse. ASK provides email and phone help and confidential counselling by appointment.

Please contact ASK via email at [email protected]or call 07435 567 401

The Welcome Centre (Huddersfield) is registered in England and Wales under charity number 1151282. We are based at 15 Lord Street, Huddersfield HD1 1QB. We use cookies to improve your experience using this website.
Log in | Powered by White Fuse