Statement updated July 2021.
The Welcome Centre continues to operate, providing food and other essentials to those in need in the South Kirklees area.
Many of our safety measures remain in place to ensure that our staff and volunteers can continue to provide an essential service safely.
You can keep up to date with any changes here and on our social media pages. Below is an outline of our current safety measures;
- Lord Street (our main centre) remains closed to the public, only staff and volunteers will be allowed on site. This is to protect the safety of our staff and volunteers, donors, and clients.
- We continue to offer a delivery system - food packs are delivered to clients' homes, rather than clients collecting from Lord Street.
- Our warehouse in Lockwood is now open between 10.15 am and 1.15 pm. Please do not visit if you have symptoms or have been in contact with someone who has Covid19.
- You can also donate at our supermarket collection points
- The best way YOU can help us is by donating money or food from our shortages list.
From the whole team at The Welcome Centre, we're incredibly grateful for your understanding and ongoing support, thank you.