Statement updated 5th January 2021.
The Welcome Centre continues to operate, providing food and other essentials to those in need in the wider Huddersfield area. However, because of Coronavirus, we're operating a little differently at present:
- Lord Street (our main centre) remains closed to the public, only staff and volunteers will be allowed on site. This is to protect the safety of our staff and volunteers, donors, and clients.
- We are operating a delivery system - food packs are delivered to clients' homes, rather than clients collecting from Lord Street.
- Our warehouse in Lockwood is now closed until further notice.
- You can donate at our supermarket collection points, however, this should be during essential shopping only.
- If you have items that are non-perishable and long-dated, please wait until our warehouse reopens to make your donation. We will keep you regularly updated.
- The best way YOU can help us is by donating money or food from our shortages list.
We hope you can understand that we have put these measures in place to protect our clients, volunteers, staff and donors.
From the whole team at The Welcome Centre, we're incredibly grateful for all of your support during this pandemic, thank you.