Community Cards is a voluntary organisation, based across Kirklees, making a variety of greetings cards, sold in support of The Welcome Centre.
They have successfully set up many outlets to sell cards within the community along with numerous groups of volunteers within church and community settings, who use recycled cards to make new cards for sale.
As of March 2020, they have donated a total of £25,000 to The Welcome Centre from the proceeds of their card sales.
Community Cards are always in need of support and there are numerous ways to help them.
- Donate your greetings cards, not just Christmas cards either. Community Cards sell a variety of year-round cards including birthday, sympathy, wedding and new house cards, as well as blank general use cards. All of these would be gratefully received for recycling.
- Make cards: If you have time to spare, why not join one of the 5 groups based across the Huddersfield area. A chance to meet new people, get involved in a local charity group, and catch up with a coffee. The groups are based in Marsden, Linthwaite, Meltham, Castle Hill and Brockholes.
- Sell Community cards: If you have a large office, a local shop or are part of a sports/community group that you could sell to, then why not have your own card sales point.
- Buy Community Cards: With every card selling for 50p or £1, not only is this an affordable way to buy cards, but it’s environmentally friendly and raises money for The Welcome Centre food bank.
- One off volunteering: Do you get an employee volunteering day at work? Would you like to spend it at one of the Community Cards groups or join the Big Sort? Then they’d be delighted to have you visit, so you can learn more about what they do.
If you are interested in any of the above, then you can contact Community Cards via their website form here.