Marshfest 2019 - family festival for a fiver.
This family festival for a fiver is in its fourth year and promises to be an excellent day for everyone. The event takes place over the evening of Friday 19th and all of Saturday 20th. All proceeds are being donated for The Welcome Centre food bank. Tickets remain at just £5 with under 14's free.
- Huddersfield Ukrainian Club, Edgerton Road, Marsh, Huddersfield.
Date and times
- 7pm Friday 19th July until late.
- 12pm Saturday 20th July until late
- Tickets can be bought in advance online using the link below or at The Welcome Centre, Keith Dawson Music and Huddersfield Ukrainian Club.
- Tickets will also be available on the gate. It’s just £5 per ticket and kids under 14 go free.
- The weatherman is predicting some amazing weather ahead, so slap on the sun cream.
- There is shade on site however most of the activities are outdoors so don’t forget the sunhats (and umbrellas!)
- We’re trying to take on the no plastic challenge (or at least reduce it) so if you can help us recycle on site it’s much appreciated.
What to expect
We are a small family friendly festival suitable for everyone, which is staffed and run by volunteers. Our aim is make sure everyone has a great time.
- We’ve managed to get a cracking line-up for you. Something to suit most tastes and a mix of original music and covers.
- It’s not just about the live music – we have children’s rides and face painting, and a selection of stalls to keep you busy.
- Budding musicians can even join in our ‘have a go’ workshops courtesy of Bring Your Own Band.
- A festival isn’t a festival without good food and we’ve got vegan and vegetarian options too from Dabbawala, Grandpa’s Chippy Bus and Smokies BBQ.
- Only alcoholic drinks purchased onsite are to be consumed so please don’t bring your own.
- Grumpy Mule Coffee will be on site with a range of coffee and sweet treats, alongside our Ice Cream van.
- The site is fully accessible for wheelchairs and any pushchairs.
- The line-up for the weekend is confirmed as below but is subject to change.
Line ups confirmed.
Friday July 19th - Magic Rock Brewing indoor stage
- (Doors 19:00)
- 19:30 Flock of 3
- 20:45 Christy Herron's Blues Band
- 22:00 The Exiled Stones
Saturday July 20th - Camel Club outdoor Stage
- (Gates 12 noon)
- 13:00 The Last Bastions
- 14:00 Boo Sutcliffe
- 15:00 The Rusty Nails Blues Band
- 16:00 Highway 62
- 17:00 The Killermeters
- 18:00 Tribal Shoots
- 19:00 Huggy
Saturday July 20th - Magic Rock Brewing indoor stage
- 20:00 Scott Wainwright
- 21:00 The Blind Dead McJones Band
- 22:00 Ozzbest
The event takes place at the Ukrainian Club, Edgerton Road in Marsh
There is some on street parking in the surrounding roads however none in the Ukrainian Club grounds due to safety issues.
If you plan to spend the day and night with us, a bus might be easier. Walking from the town centre it is approximately 1 mile and takes roughly 20 minutes. Don’t forget!
Our festival is volunteer lead and all the staff and crew on the doors and around are giving their time for free to make this festival a success and raise as much for The Welcome Centre as they can. Make sure you have your tickets or cash available for your tickets at one of the two entrances. We do have a card reader at the merchandise and main entrance for card payment.
The event has been sponsored by a number of local businesses who made generous donations of money, time and goods to make this event a success. Our thanks to all of them and the bands involved.