Post: Centre Manager (Lord Street)
Salary: £24,657 to £26,470, depending on experience
Full time position (job share will be considered)
We are looking for a motivated, resourceful individual with excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills to join us at The Welcome Centre. You will be responsible for ensuring the smooth day to day operations of the food bank; this is an exciting role with varied responsibilities, in which no two days are the same.
- To provide leadership, direction and supervision to the team delivering The Welcome Centre’s food bank service at our Lord Street site.
- To ensure food bank stock is received, stored, transported, and distributed efficiently and safely
- To ensure The Welcome Centre’s food bank service is high quality and client focused, identifying and implementing opportunities for service improvement.
About The Welcome Centre
The Welcome Centre is a large, independent food bank in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire. We’re one of the largest food banks in the north of England. We have a team of five staff working across two sites, supported by almost 100 volunteers. Each year we support thousands of people in crisis in our community. Everyone we support is referred to us from one of our front line partner agencies, and once people are referred to us we provide practical support including food, toiletries, and other essential items. We also offer people one to one advocacy, guidance and support to help them address any underlying or ongoing issues which prevent them getting back on their feet.
If you would like to apply, please download an application pack below. If you would like more information about the role, email [email protected]
- Closing date for applications: 4pm Friday 28 June 2019
- Interviews: Tuesday 9 July 2019