Advice, Guidance and Support (AGS) Service Manager
- Salary: £28,672 - £32,234 per annum (dependent on experience/qualifications)
- Contract type: full time - 37.5 hours per week with occasional evening and weekend working as required
- Location: central Huddersfield with external meetings/appointments as required
- This post is not suitable for remote working
- Term: 3 year fixed term funded post
We introduced our Advice, Guidance & Support (AGS) service six years ago, and since then it has gone from strength to strength, becoming a valued source of support and guidance to our food bank clients.
Our service enables people to improve their lives with dignity and independence and to move away from food insecurity and inequality by offering tailored provision and guided support on their journey.
We are delighted to have secured funding from the National Lottery Community Fund to enable us to expand and further develop this service; giving us an exciting opportunity to recruit a Service Manager to lead a team of dedicated staff and volunteers.
- The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, resourceful individual with the ability to operate strategically, creatively and professionally in what can sometimes be a challenging environment
- You will have extensive experience in the field of advice or support which may come from a range of disciplines or specialisms together with a solid understanding of statutory and voluntary provision and practice at both a local and national level
- You will have the ability to lead and motivate a team of staff and volunteers and be confident and organised when dealing with both external partners and internal stakeholders
In return, we offer a respectful, dynamic and supportive working environment with an enthusiastic, committed and established team of volunteers and staff.
We have a strong focus on professional development and offer guidance and ongoing support for all staff and volunteers; for this role, you will have the opportunity to shape and develop an essential service adding value to the people and communities needing our support.
- To coordinate staff and volunteers in delivering one-to-one support to food bank clients, ensuring a client focussed, high standard of service at all times
- To coordinate the development and maintenance of partnerships with other agencies, to ensure effective, allied approaches to client support
- To coordinate the development, maintenance and delivery of client resources and training, and develop other client focussed projects where appropriate
- To hold a small caseload of clients that require more intensive, tailored support
- To promote an organisational culture of engagement, improvement and best practice to deliver a high quality and accessible service
If you would like more information or an informal discussion about the role, please email [email protected] or phone 01484 515086
To apply, please download the application pack below.
Closing date for applications: Friday 11th June 2021 17:00
Interviews: successful candidates will be contacted directly regarding interview arrangements.