Need support applying for Universal Credit? | The Welcome Centre

If you are trying to find out whether you are eligible for any other benefits or if you are starting a new claim for #UniversalCredit, (UC) here's some helpful information that might help make it a little easier.

1. If you have basic IT skills,
you can pop into the Job Centre Plus office and use the computers to apply for UC. Claimants will be assisted with interpreting the questions only. Staff are not able to input the information for claimants. The online UC claim can be completed without ID verification at that time.

2. A claim can be made over the phone by calling the Help to Claim service, provided by Citizens Advice on 0800 144 8444. This option is available for anyone who has a lack of computer skills or a language barrier (they will provide an interpreter)

3. Kirklees Benefit Advice Service by Kirklees Council. They are based at the Customer Service Centre – Civic 3 (next door to the Job Centre Plus office). They can assist and advise.

4. If a client needs to make a claim but does not have access to a computer, they can pop into their local library to use one. Alternatively, they could enquire about the Digital Inclusion Device Loan via Local Welfare Provision.
Digital Loan service

The Welcome Centre (Huddersfield) is registered in England and Wales under charity number 1151282. We are based at 15 Lord Street, Huddersfield HD1 1QB. We use cookies to improve your experience using this website.
Log in | Powered by White Fuse