An update from Kerry on our Advice, Guidance and Support service. (AGS)
Our AGS service offers additional support to people using our food bank. Our main aim is to offer solutions to underlying issues that are causing financial hardship, which are provided alongside our essential food packs.
The AGS team are currently delivering the following services and support sessions for our existing food bank clients
- Money Management ‘Drop in’
- One to one Budgeting and Benefits appointments
- Digital inclusion support
- Drop-in/Triage-Sign posting and referral to supporting agencies
- Grants and Fuel Debt ‘Drop in’
In the past 3 months, over 500 clients have received additional support.
We have supported clients with
- benefits and budgeting issues, including universal credit and benefit deductions, benefit recovery fines and historic rent arrears
- with over £60,000 worth of grants covering fuel debt, warm clothing, white goods, travel expenses to get to work, ID and furniture items
In addition, we have supported Kirklees Citizens Advice, with Debt Relief Order application fees which have equated to over £500,000.00 in debts being resolved.