We are recruiting volunteers.
We have several roles available at present, which are outlined below. To apply follow the link.
Our warehouse volunteers receive donations of goods directly from members of the public and other supporters, sorting incoming donations through our stock system, and assist our drivers to load and unload vehicles. This role is based at our warehouse at Queens Mill Industrial Estate, Lockwood.
- This role requires manual handling of stock and acting as a positive ambassador for The Welcome Centre when interacting with supporters making donations
- Full training for the role is provided
- We require a commitment to a regular shift, ideally one morning per week, Monday to Friday.
Our reception volunteers work in our client waiting room, welcoming clients and using our computer and phone systems to book clients in when they arrive to collect food packs. This role is based at our Lord Street offices.
- This role requires a people person, good verbal communication skills, and some computer skills.
- Full training for the role is provided.
- We need reception volunteers who can commit to at least one shift per week any day Monday to Friday (shift timings are: 09:45 am – 1 pm, 1 pm - 4.15 pm)
Advice, Guidance and Support service (AGS) volunteer
Our advice, guidance and support service volunteers support the AGS staff team. The role involves welcoming clients, signposting them on to additional services and arranging support sessions. This role is based at our Lord Street office.
- This role requires a people person with good verbal communication skills
- The role will require some computer skills
- Full training for this role is provided
- We are looking for volunteers who can commit to at least one shift per week Monday to Friday either 10 am – 1 pm or 1 pm - 4 pm
- To find out more please call Kerry Fowden on 07762 953704 Monday to Wednesday or email [email protected]
To apply please use the button below.